DENNIS & LINDA SHA
Welcome to the Premarital Counseling Ministry at Denton Bible Church
and congratulations on your engagement. Denton Bible is dedicated to preparing engaged couples for marriage using God’s Word as the foundation.
HOW OUR MINISTRY WORKS: Every couple that seeks premarital counseling is provided with a lay mentor couple from Denton Bible Church. A curriculum workbook and online audio sessions are used in the mentoring process to provide you with in-depth information to prepare you for marriage. There are eight sessions which include: a get-to-know each other session, goals and expectations, how to have a Christ centered marriage, in-laws, husband’s role, wife’s role, communication, finances, and your physical relationship after marriage. The entire premarital counseling process usually takes three to four months to complete. Homework is required for each session through the completion of the workbook and online audio sessions. If you remain in the area, part of your commitment to the PMC program is to attend four follow-up sessions with your mentoring couple after the wedding. These four post-wedding sessions are highly recommended during your first year of marriage. Each of these follow-up sessions after your wedding are immeasurably valuable because the focus will be on discussing issues that you’ve already learned and how they play out in marriage day to day.
RESERVING DENTON BIBLE CHURCH FOR YOUR WEDDING VENUE?
Wedding Ministry Coordinator
940- 297- 6839
All couples marrying at DBC are required to go through our premarital counseling program. (You must submit your premarital Counseling Application within 7 days of reserving our facilities)
The cost is $40.00 per couple, which includes your curriculum books & family history analysis.
Although many mentoring couples are available, there is sometimes a waiting list due to many couples getting married near the same time. Therefore, assignment of mentor couples works on a first come, first served basis, so please get the process started early.
Step into Premarital Counseling:
- Fill out the Premarital Counseling Application. (Link below)
- After completing your online application, you will receive an email conformation acknowledging your application and you will be given further instructions on how to fill out a questionnaire online. (link provided in conformation e-mail) This should be completed immediately, before your initial interview with the Dennis and Linda Sha.
- After submitting your application and questionnaire, you will be contacted by PMC Directors; Dennis and Linda Sha to setup a time for your initial interview. The initial interview is a very important step in the process and needs to be completed on a timely basis. (PLEASE NOTE: If you do not hear from the Sha’s within 3 days of submitting your online application, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940.484.4899.)
- At your initial interview with the Sha’s, you will receive your workbooks. The cost of Premarital Counseling is $40.00 per couple. We ask that you would make your payment for the PMC materials at this time. Please make checks payable to Denton Bible Church.
- You and your fiancé will then be matched up with a premarital counseling couple from Denton Bible Church. (PLEASE NOTE: at times of peak wedding season there can be a waiting list. Couples are placed on a first come first serve basis)
- Your premarital counseling couple will contact you and arrange your meeting times as best fits all schedules. (PLEASE NOTE: The process can take eight to sixteen weeks to complete the curriculum)
- Upon completion of the program, your premarital counselors will provide you with your certificate of completion. (This certificate is required to receive the discount for the cost of your marriage license.)
- And, as a gentle reminder, couples who remain in the Denton area after their wedding are highly encouraged to meet with their premarital counselors for 4 sessions after their wedding, which are spread out over your first year of marriage.
Thank you for your interest in our Premarital Counseling Program and we hope to be hearing from you soon.